Q: Will the camshaft position sensor cause my car to keep cutting off while I'm driving it?

My car is cutting off for no reason while I'm driving it o went to autozone it said engine position system performance bank 2 and exhaust camshaft position timing

Hi there. The camshaft position sensor could cause an engine to stall out. Check the sensor and see if its plugged in. Make sure that the sensor is attached to the engine properly and make sure that the sensor harness has power to the sensor. if there is power to the sensor, then back probe the sensor harness and see if the sensor is sending a signal to the computer with the engine running. If there is no signal, then the sensor needs replaced. If there is a signal, then the mass air flow sensor (MAF) may be triggering the sensor to stop working. If that is the case, check to see if the MAF is working and if its dirty. Clean the MAF with electrical cleaner and retest the situation by removing the battery cables and letting the computer reset the codes. Once the codes are gone, then retest the system to see if the engine will cut off again or not. You may have to replace the camshaft position sensor. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling for no reason, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Will the camshaft position sensor cause my car to keep cutting off while I'm driving it?