Q: My 2007 Ford Fusion clicks, then will eventually start.

2007 Ford Fusion wI'll click 7 to 8 times before it starts. I'm assuming it's the starter solenoid or starter as a whole. A few months ago it would just click once every so often, then it would start. Now I have to turn the key 7 to 8 times before it will start. Battery is good... Any ideas?

Hi There, It sounds like you are correct in that you have a failing starter solenoid. As you know, the starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key as you have described. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My 2007 Ford Fusion clicks, then will eventually start.