Q: Car revs when turning the key

Hi i have a Hyundai excel 1999 manual the problem i have with it is i turn my car on then str8 away its revving without out me doin it with the accelerator or while driving on the road its hesitating 2 drive and jerks while in 3rd 4th 5th gear would i need a new throttle position sensor?

A: Hello - yes, you probably need a new thrott...

Hello - yes, you probably need a new throttle position sensor. The symptoms you describe are classic throttle position sensor failure symptoms. I would recommend having a Throttle Position Sensor Replacement Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.