Q: Car revs when turning the key

Hi i have a Hyundai excel 1999 manual the problem i have with it is i turn my car on then str8 away its revving without out me doin it with the accelerator or while driving on the road its hesitating 2 drive and jerks while in 3rd 4th 5th gear would i need a new throttle position sensor?

Hello - yes, you probably need a new throttle position sensor. The symptoms you describe are classic throttle position sensor failure symptoms. I would recommend having a Throttle Position Sensor Replacement Service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car revs when turning the key