Q: Getting the code P0500. Changed both NC & NT sensors. Can't pull out the vehicle speed sensor (VSS).

I already changed the NC & NT sensors but the problem did not solve. I tried to pull out the mechanical sensor that located in the middle and back of the transmission but it is hard to do that. my question is this sensor causing the problem, because I may break it if I tried harder to pull it out?

Hi there. The code P0500 is in reference with the vehicle speed sensor. The possible causes that contribute for this code to appear are:

• The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) is not reading properly
  • There is a broken or frayed wire going to the vehicle speed sensor
  • The vehicle’s ECM (computer) is not correctly configured for the actual tire size on the vehicle

If you need to replace the VSS, then check to see if there is any mounting bolt and remove the bolt before taking off the sensor. The sensor will have some pressure on it but not a hole lot. You may have to put a pry bar on the sensor and pop it out. Make sure that you have a drip pan under the sensor as it will drain out some fluid. Top off the transmission fluid when you have the new sensor installed. If you need further assistance with the P0500 code, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Getting the code P0500. Changed both NC & NT sensors. Can't pull out the vehicle speed sensor (VSS).