Q: What does it mean when your charging system failure light comes on out of no where while driving?

asked by on March 12, 2017

What does it mean when your charging system failure light comes on out of no where while driving?

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is detecting an issue with the alternator or the battery. When supplied power from the system is too low or too high, the monitoring system will alarm you. You should have the battery and alternator tested to see which is failing. You can take corrective action from there. Both can be basically tested on the vehicle, but a full exam of the battery will need to be done by a technician, or at your local automotive parts store. Driving like this may cause more harm to the system, as when one fails it will strain the other. It may also cause the vehicle to stall and leave you in harms way. For more help with testing and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr