Q: How can I test an abs sensor to make sure its good

Is there a method or procedure to test an ABS sensor to see if it is a good part?

A: Depending on the vehicle you can do an ohms...

Depending on the vehicle you can do an ohms test if you know the correct reading you should get (about 25 ohms on some vehicles). However, the best method for checking the ABS speed sensor is to use a scanner in data mode and drive the vehicle and compare the sensor speed output to other wheel sensors. They should all be within a mile per hour of each other. If you need help having this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the system and can replace the ABS sensor if necessary.