Q: Leak near front passenger wheel possible axle shaft seal

Noticeable leak near passenger side front end of axle-possible shaft seal, when vehicle stopped overnight, noticeable squeal when turn wheels until vehicle starts moving. Sound like shaft seal?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The location that you describe sounds most like a broken axle seal. While it is okay to drive the vehicle for the immediate time, that oil will collect dirt and debris and clog the axle. This will become dangerous after time, and you should seek a repair as soon as possible. However, look carefully at the leak and where it may be coming from. You may benefit from cleaning the area before locating the leak, as new drips will appear and be easier to trace. The seal between the axle and differential has also been known to fail. Only further observation will tell. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department.

3. Leak near front passenger wheel possible axle shaft seal