Q: Battery light on and now car won't start

I heard a clanking noise from under the hood. i was driving and my battery light came on. my a/c and power steering went out. then my check engine light came on. the arrow on my H/C bar is all the way on the H. now my car won't even start. what in the world happened to my car?

A: From what you've described, it sounds l...

From what you've described, it sounds like a belt broke. All of those systems are belt-driven. A visual inspection would easily confirm this. Don't try to start your engine, as overheating is the main risk for your engine now. I'd recommend getting some help from a qualified mechanic who can come diagnose your starting problem firsthand and replace damaged belt(s) if necessary. They can also inspect for any other issues as well. Good luck!