Q: Battery light on and now car won't start

I heard a clanking noise from under the hood. i was driving and my battery light came on. my a/c and power steering went out. then my check engine light came on. the arrow on my H/C bar is all the way on the H. now my car won't even start. what in the world happened to my car?

From what you’ve described, it sounds like a belt broke. All of those systems are belt-driven. A visual inspection would easily confirm this. Don’t try to start your engine, as overheating is the main risk for your engine now. I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified mechanic who can come diagnose your starting problem firsthand and replace damaged belt(s) if necessary. They can also inspect for any other issues as well. Good luck!

3. Battery light on and now car won't start