Q: My blinkers don't work and my dashboard lights won't cut on but the fuses are fine

asked by on August 28, 2017

A few weeks ago my blinkers started acting up by not blinking and just freezing. A few days after they just didn't cut on period. A week later they cut back on but they didn't blink they were just froze, like a solid turn signal. The next day they cut off completely only this time they haven't cut back on. I tried to replace the relay under the steering wheel and checked to make sure the fuses were ok but it didn't work. After I tried to do all of that, the dashboard lights wouldn't cut on at all. Any suggestions of what it could be and the cheapest reliable way to get this fixed?

Turn signal light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

On your vehicle, there may be a a fused, switched lead running from the fuse to the flasher, so that the unit only receives power in the "Hot or Run" key position. If this segment of the circuit malfunctions, your signals may turn on, but they usually won’t flash. Another possibility is high resistance in the bulb holder contacts or wiring terminals. And, of course, you could have a combination of these faults, thus requiring a really careful look to get this resolved. If you request a turn signal circuit/diagnostic/repair a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this taken care of for you. The same mechanic will be in a position to evaluate the problem with the non-functioning dash lights. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.