Q: Bad Ignition/electrical issue - takes several cranks before it starts!

asked by on September 23, 2016

Over the past few months I've had to crank my ignition for serveral mins before it would start. It won't locl/unlock doors or turn on dome light unless I can get the car started. The key will get stuck in the igniiton unless I can get the car to start. P0081 pass pres system B1019 System config incorrect - system 3A B1000 electronic control unit performance failure U198 lost comm w/ telecom control mod U0214 lost com w/ remote B3055 No transponder modulation B3060 not programmed transponder ID code P0449 Evap Circuit P0455 Evap large leack P0513 Undoc code U0140 Lost comm w/ body control mod B3031 Security system controller in learn more - test failed - I've replaced the ignition and wire harness below shifter. I think it may be the BCM but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Hello there, you have a few different faults going on with your 2007 Chevrolet Impala. A vehicle should not have to crank long before it starts unless there is a fault. Given the codes you have listed there are a few common causes such as a faulty security module, key transponder failure, key fob battery, or a faulty fob. The EVAP system leak is a different problem most likely and has a few causes. They are, a leaking gas cap, leaks in the vapor line, charcoal canister, fuel tank seal, or a vent solenoid. If you would like, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose these faults by performing a [vehicle inspection (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/75-point-safety-inspection) and make any repairs required.