Traction control light on, brakes engage brake system 201...

Q: Traction control light on, brakes engage

asked by on July 25, 2016

I have this problem when I turn the car on. The dashboard would show traction control light on. Also, the brakes would engage. This happens when I start the car and shift it to drive. What is causing this?

A few different faults can cause this sort of malfunction. The most likely would be the ABS control module, traction control sensor failure, traction control module, or a wiring fault. Any of these issues are causing the car’s computer to sense a problem and apply the brakes. The vehicle should not be driven until it can be repaired. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Traction Control Light and perform any repairs required.