Q: P0606 this the code a mechanic gave me to repair my car can you explain it to me layman's term and the cost 2015 Ford Focus

asked by on March 03, 2017

Description (clear the continuous diagnostic trouble codesDTCs and reset the emission monitors information in the PCM,

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The check engine light and diagnostic code that sets the warning light off pertain to the ECM. This is a computer in the vehicle that processes inputs from a variety of sensor to regulate engine performance. Unfortunately this is a programming, wiring, or general failure of the ECM unit. There is not much you can do besides attempt to reset/reprogram the unit or replace it. Attempting to reprogram the unit has to be done with computer software that will communicate to the unit, and typically only manufactures and authorized dealers have access to it. If looking to do this at home, you can avoid the repair costs, but we suggest you have a repair manual specific to the make and model to walk you through it. Otherwise the cost will include the testing, part, and time for the installation process. For more help with diagnostics or replacing the ECM, contact our service department to schedule an appointment or get a quote.