Q: AC blowing through defrost vents

The AC is only blowing through the defrost vents in the front. The air will come through the proper vents every once in awhile. In addition, the passenger's side door window and lock are not working, the adjustable side mirrors aren't working, and the van shudders when you change gears sometimes. Also, after the van has been running for a while, the van creaks badly in the front while turning.

So maybe we should start with what problems you don’t have. Just Kidding. Let’s start with the Defroster. The problem is probably the vacuum box under the hood may be damage or a vacuum line connecting to it could be damaged. The switches on that model is actuated by a vacuum motor. If you look under the hood near the driver side there will be a box with a hose attached. That box is for the defroster door motor vacuum reservoir and the hose may be missing, damaged, or the check valve may be worn out. I would recommend having a certified mechanic come out and troubleshoot further since it is possible the defrost motor needs replacing. For your door locks, window, and mirrors not working it sounds like there may be a damaged wiring harness going to the door or the motors that actuate them may be worn out. A technician can look at the wiring and test voltages as well. The shutter does not sound good. You may need to go to a transmission specialist do have them determine what the problem is but they are going to probably tell you you gonna need a new transmission soon. Last of all the creaking from the front end could be several things. A tie rod end, Lower or upper ball joint, Brakes or even struts. A technician can assess the situation and determine exactly where the problem is.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr