Q: What can I control with the buttons on the steering wheel?

What can I control with the buttons on the steering wheel?

The steering wheel of the vehicle has a number of controls on it so that the driver can change settings without ever looking away from the road. This makes interacting with the vehicle safer for everyone. Here are the things that the controls on your steering wheel can adjust:

• The radio. The buttons on the wheels can switch between stations or station presets. They can also turn on “scan” mode on the radio. The volume can be adjusted as well.

• The CD/DVD player. Songs (scenes, if a DVD) can be changed from the steering wheel. The driver can also fast forward or rewind. As with the radio, the volume of the CD/DVD player can be adjusted from the steering wheel controls.

• External devices like an iPod or flash drive. The steering wheel controls can be used to switch between files and folders in the devices.

• Voice recognition. Vehicles equipped with voice control for the radio or GPS will have a button on the steering wheel to activate the system.

• Bluetooth and OnStar. These systems, if equipped, can be activated by controls on the steering

wheel.

• The horn. Pressing on the center of the steering wheel will activate the horn for as long as the driver applies pressure. The horn is used to alert other vehicles or pedestrians of your presence.