Q: Car quit while driving then started back up. Went dead again. Would not start back up.

Car is getting fire and checked fuel pressure with gauge. No fuel pressure. Relay and fuses r good. Not getting any power to computer port when using scanning tool. don't know know if this would have an relevance, if a electrical problem exists, but drivers side power window quit working just a few days before car quit.

Hello. If you are having power supply issues, you need to first suspect and test your battery. For the testing of your fuel pump, you can connect a battery charger while you are diagnosing your fuel pump. I certainly would be looking into the lack of fuel pressure first.

Scanners cannot connect for many reasons, and the window issue is not related to your car not starting. You need to check for power at the fuel pump. But before you do this, use a hammer and bang on the bottom of the tank while someone is cranking the car. If it starts or tries to start, you have a strong confirmation that you need a fuel pump. This is a fairly common failure for Fords.

After banging on the bottom of the fuel tank, I would next remove the fuel pump relay and jumper power to the pump from there. In addition, I would use a test light to confirm power is reaching the relay when the key is turned on. Keep in mind, when you first turn the key on, it will only stay on for a few seconds. So be ready to check for power immediately when the key is turned on. To jumper power to the fuel pump and check for power from the key, you will need a wiring diagram from a repair manual and a test light.

If this is something you need help with, consider having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the loss of power and help you proceed with repairs.

3. Car quit while driving then started back up. Went dead again. Would not start back up.