Q: Are common repairs on Mitsubishi Outlanders more expensive than on most cars?

Thinking about purchasing a Mitsubishi Outlander 08 but have never owned one before.

A: Hi there: This is a very good question but...

Hi there:

This is a very good question but very difficult to answer. If by "more expensive" you're referring to routine maintenance and service the answer would be "possibly." Parts cost is typically the determining factor of service and maintenance and in general, parts for Mitsubishi Outlanders are "average." A good way to ensure you're buying a good vehicle that won't require more repairs than it should is to have a professional mechanic complete a pre-purchase inspection. This is a 150-point safety inspection that can help eliminate buying a "lemon" or vehicle that might be prone to more expensive repairs.