Q: Alternator. 2003 Honda Accord

My power in my car is on. When I go to crank it the car will not crank. All electricity is working. Does it sound like the alternator needs to be replaced. The battery was changed also. It just gives a faint growl when trying to be cranked. Any help or advice is appreciated.

A: Hi there. Most of the time, if the battery ...

Hi there. Most of the time, if the battery is good, then the problem is either in the starter itself or the ignition switch. Both are common issues on this vehicle.

I usually test for power at the starter first. If there is power, then the starter is bad. If there is no power, then this is typically caused by the ignition switch. If you want to have this looked at, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect the starting issue and follow through with appropriate repairs.