Q: When headlights are on, dash and tail lights go out

Seven days ago, for a few minutes the entire dash went out and then came back on. Several days later, it became progressively worse to the point that whenever the headlights are on, the entire dash and tail lights go off. What is your advice about how to fix this?

Hello. Most of the time, this means that you have a bad instrument cluster. The instrument cluster has a circuit board attached to it, and a lot of times, the circuit goes bad on the board. In some rare cases, there is damaged wiring or bad grounds which could also cause this problem. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and complete an electrical diagnosis to pinpoint and repair any faults.