Q: Service Engine Light is on.

My chevy has a Service engine light on but the truck is driving fine, The ac works, I dont know what it can be.

Different than the Check Engine Light, the Service Engine Light is typically triggered when a predetermined service interval has been reached.

There are dozens of service schedules that could be coming up including oil, transmission, battery, ignition system (spark plugs) and other components that require routine maintenance.

The best way to determine what needs to be done is to have your vehicle scanned by a professional mechanic. They’ll be able to pull the error code that triggered this light and properly diagnose the meaning of the warning light. There is a nice scheduled maintenance tool for your Chevrolet Suburban 1500 on our website that you can refer to first.