Q: I did a diagnostics test and the code was P0562. The fan stays on, what can I check to fix the problem?

Get code P0562 replace battery what else I need to check to fix the problem

A: Hello. P0562 is the trouble code for low sy...

Hello. P0562 is the trouble code for low system voltage. If the computer detects that the overall electrical system's voltage is low, it will set off the Check Engine Light to notify the driver of the issue. The most common cause for this trouble code is a faulty alternator.

The alternator is the component responsible for generating power for the vehicle's electrical system after the engine has been started. If it goes bad or has an issue, it may not be able to generate sufficient power to meet the vehicle's needs, resulting in an illuminated Check Engine or Battery Light. A faulty alternator can also eventually lead to a dead battery, and a car that will not start. If you would like to have this fixed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the no-start and repair this.