Q: When the hot air is turned on, the drivers side blows cold and passenger side blows hot.

Regardless of if the dual climate control is turned on or not. Even the defrost the drivers side blows cool air and the passenger side blows the right temperature. We're looking to buy this car and want to see if it's work buying or not due to this issue. Depending on if it is an easy fix or not.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. On most imports and some domestic cars, there the AC blend door distributes the air to different vents when the option is selected. This component is controlled by an electric actuator. Sometimes the fuse to the actuator or the component itself is responsible for the condition you’re experiencing. If you’re buying a used vehicle, you might want to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a pre-purchase vehicle inspection.

3. When the hot air is turned on, the drivers side blows cold and passenger side blows hot.