Q: Ticking sound while accelerating and when the car is in gear

Hi. My vehicle has gone 65,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission. The problem appears during acceleration, when I give it gas. Then, there is this ticking sound. There is no sound however, when the car is in neutral, or running with the windows down. But, when I shift gears and slowly accelerate and the windows are up, the ticking sound is easily noticeable. The sound would disappear as the RPMs are going up. Ticking can be heard again when the engine is under load and when I shift gears. I changed the oil at about 55,000 miles. The car idles well. There are no error codes. It has good gas mileage. At the dealership, they didn't find the cause of this ticking sound. I would like to know what the problem is and if it's serious. Do you have any suggestion?

A: There is technical bulletins for your vehic...

There is technical bulletins for your vehicle using aftermarket oil filters. These oil filters may look like they fit your car model, but do not allow the proper oil flow to the motor and can cause noises and internal engine damage. If the noise is only when you are accelerating, you may be hearing the engine preignition, due from a problem with the fuel you are using. I would recommend using only factory authorized oil filter and oil. Change fueling station and stay away from a station if you see the tanker putting fuel in the tanks, since they stir up excess water and you can possibly get it in the fuel you purchase. If you can duplicate the problem, then have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic to go on a road test with you to see if the mechanic can diagnose the noises from your engine.