Q: I can't go into 4th or 5th gear and clutch does not engage after a recent clutch job, clutch release while in gear does nothing.

I just recently finished a clutch job on my 2003 9-3 2.0t. I used a sachs clutch kit from europarts and a few gaskets ordered from rockauto. I did not remove the flywheel during the process, i just replaced the disc and pressure plate and slave. After getting everything back together, it took me a few days to get the bleeding done. And the pedal feels good. However, i do not need to press the pedal in order to shift into gears. I am only able to shift into 1, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse. 4th and 5th feel like the have walls against them. Regardless if the clutch pedal is pressed or not. It revs like normal, and sounds good, but just wont engage the clutch and move.

Current possible options? 1) clutch installed incorrectly (installed new cv axle, did nothing) xxx 2) cv axle is not pushed in all the way (xxx) 3) new clutch kit is completely wrong or trans is just bad 4) not enough gearbox oil and "brake fluid" low warning is on

A: I would rule out the axle not being pushed ...

I would rule out the axle not being pushed all the way in. That would effect all speeds and gears. That you can engage gears other than 4th and 5th leads me to 2 m possibilities: 1. Shift linkage mis-adjusted. 2. Possible bent shifter fork internally.

If it feels like you can engage 4th and 5th with the engine OFF, then I would lean towards a clutch release issue.