Q: 2012 chevy sonic thermostat repair cost

asked by on April 04, 2017

My thermostat is stuck open I was wondering how much it costs to get it fixed?

Hi There, When the thermostat is stuck open, this can cause problems with the engine never reaching the proper operating temperature as you may know. While the thermostat remains stuck open, this allows coolant to pass through the motor unregulated which results in the engine temperature remaining usually lower than optimal for proper operating conditions. I would suggest scheduling an appointment to have an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your cooling system.