Q: Car dies after warming up restarts right after then dies shortly after

asked by on July 16, 2017

Alright so last week I noticed when messing with my radio my car died in my driveway it started right back up didn't think anything of it. It ran fine all week long. Yesterday at a friend's house I noticed the car sounded like it about died while I was talking to him the ac kicked on and the car didn't die. Later on I was in a drive thru and my car died started right back up but was idleing kinda rough . Shortly after dies again and then restarts does this about 5 times in the drive thru . I leave there and get about a mile down the road and on my turn the car feels like it's going to do so I turn and parked it died. Did this about 4 times on my way home but starts right up after. Got it home let it sit for an hour before looking at it it ran without dieing but was idleing rough then back to normal then rough. This morning it was cold it ran fine for 15 mins then died and started up after. I need help not sure If this could be battery related,map sensor,spark plugs,fuel filter. Thanks

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The first thing to check for is air leaks. Any air that gets into the engine without passing through the Mass Air Flow meter (MAF) will dilute the fuel mixture and lead to just this kind of behavior. At your car’s age it’s not unlikely that you could find a hose or rubber boot that is in bad condition and allowing air to get in around the connection. Next possibility is a problem in the throttle body. Most problems will produce a check engine light and a code. But if you simply have varnish buildup on the edges of the throttle plate, it could act this way and you may not see a check engine light. Sometimes those problems only require cleaning the throttle body, other time replacement is called for. To get this sorted out quickly and conveniently, contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalling Nissan and let you know what is the fix.