Q: Q: O2 sensor

My engine light came on and I ran the code 2031 and its on the bank 1 sensor 1. How do I know where my bank 1 sensor 1 is located?

Hey there. Oxygen sensors are located in the exhaust system, typically before and after the catalytic converter. Bank 1 is found on the driver’s side - if the engine is a V6 or V8. On a 4 cylinder, it would be the only one. Sensor 1 is considered the sensor between the engine and the inlet of the converter. Sensor 2 is the sensor after the converter. If you need help having the oxygen sensor replaced, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this repair.

3. Q: O2 sensor