Check charging system light is coming on 2006 Ford Taur...

Q: Check charging system light is coming on 2006 Ford Taurus

asked by on February 12, 2017

The checking system light (red battery) is coming on plus not picking up sped to drive.

Hi there - your symptoms suggest that your alternator is not keeping the electrical system properly charged. Low system voltage can affect the performance of the engine directly. Poor alternator performance could be a slipping serpentine belt, failed voltage regulator (part of the alternator), or corroded battery cable connections. I recommend a charging system inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.