Q: Has reverse, but no drive after sitting for months and was working before being parked.

Car was not able to pass inspection due to emission issues so it has been sitting for 8 months. Transmission was working fine before parking with no slippage or any other issues. Now, the car has reverse, but will not move when in drive. Fluid level is good.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A cause of this can be a stuck manual valve in the valve body. You can check to see if the shift linkage actually moves to the drive position when commanded. If it does, there is a hydraulic fault in the transmission that is either causing inadequate hydraulic pressure (a stuck valve in the valve body) or that pressure is being bled away due to a leak in a piston or seal. Of course check the fluid level as well because inadequate transmission fluid will cause problems with all the hydraulically controlled valves and transmission components. The recommended diagnostic service to identify the issue and set out a repair strategy is a no shift diagnostic.