Q: can an abs light make your brake pedal bounce and you have no brakes

my abs light is on. it is the front driver side sensor. but every once an a while my brake pedal will bounce an the truck slowly stops

When a sensor is detecting one of the wheels stopping, it will cause the brake pedal to bounce and the vehicle will stop differently than normal. The bad sensor may be causing a bad signal to the ABS module telling it the wheel stops when it really has not stopped. Once the bad sensor or hub is replaced, then it should correct the problem. A scanner can look at the ABS wheel sensors and see the one going to zero when all the others are saying a speed. If you would like to have this inspected before moving forward with any repairs, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the ABS Light and make the correct repairs.

3. can an abs light make your brake pedal bounce and you have no brakes