Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

car over heats but doesnt use water.

Q: Overheating

The excessive pressure causing the hoses to blow off suggests that your cooling system is not flowing properly and that there is a back up of some kind somewhere in the system. This is generally caused by a faulty thermostat...

Q: When heat is on temperature gauge goes towards cold. When heat is off it goes back to being in the middle. 2001 Buick Regal

Hi there - the temperature gauge behavior you describe would indicate that you need a new thermostat. The thermostat should keep engine temperature within a close range - close to the center of the gauge from a visual point of...

Q: My car is not cranking - 2002 Buick Century

This may be related to many different possibilities, some of which may be related to a lack of spark and some of which may be related to a fuel delivery problem or a combination of both. For example, if the...