Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

asked by on November 08, 2016

car over heats but doesnt use water.

Electric fan sounds like a jet.

Your vehicle has two separate cooling fans. One is for low and medium speeds. The other one is high speed only. Your vehicle has two separate circuits and only the high speed is working or your vehicle is running hot...

Check Engine and VSC warning lights

Hello. This comes up quite often on this vehicle. It is caused by a bad rotational rate sensor. This sensor is used for the VSC and other systems to determine how the vehicle is swaying from side to side or...

Rough Idle and Stalling at Operating Temp

Hi there. There are dozens of problems that can lead to a drop in gas mileage, some of them are serious and some can be easily corrected. Issues like dirty O2 sensors, EGR valve, or a malfunctioning mass air flow...

The service 4WD/Service Engine Soon Light is on, and my car has front end noise.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. This sounds like the front differential has medal particles in the gear assembly, and if so, you will have to remove the differential and have it diagnosed from the inside to see what bearing...

Car leaking and overheating.

The engine in your vehicle is well known for having coolant leaks from the elbows at the belt tensioner. However, there are many places coolant can leak from. The best way to pinpoint a coolant leak is by performing a...

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier not moving while in gear

An inspection of the linkage used to change gears, whether it be manual or automatic, should be carried out to find out of the linkage has been damaged or broken. There could be a problem with the PRNDL - which...

Axle seal leak

The axle seal leak is unrelated to the flat tire you had. The purpose of the axle seal is to keep transmission fluid from leaking. Depending on the size of the leak, it may be okay to drive with a...

My mustang keeps dying.

Hey there. There is a fuse in the fuse junction box within the engine fuse box that needs to be checked. It is a 20amp fuse. There are two fuse link wires that go from junction box to the alternator....

Oil leak.

I would start out by taking a large piece of cardboard and park your car over it over night, by looking at the drips on the cardboard this will tell you roughly where the drips are coming from. Sometimes drips...