Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

car over heats but doesnt use water.

3. My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

Q: Car running hot and has oil in water.

The water in the oil is most likely a blown bad head gasket or a cracked head or cylinder block. A coolant leak from the intake manifold gasket into the intake to the engine may also be a cause. The...

Q: Thermostat replacement on a 2002 Ford Escort

Yes, if you don't have any problems. If the thermostat has a problem, it will shut. If it shuts, then your temperature gauge will get behind and you'll have to change it; or it will stick right open and your...

Q: locks up at high rpm then able to free up and run again

The problem may be the transmission pilot bearing for the transmission input shaft on the back of the crankshaft seizing up or the input shaft on the transmission seizing. If it is not the transmission, then it is the internal...