Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

car over heats but doesnt use water.

Q: What would cause my car to overheat and not turn on at times.

Hi there. I would need to know what kind of vehicle this is to be able to give you accurate information. As for the overheating issue, that can be a number of things and that can also cause the vehicle...

Q: Top radiator hose is cold while the lower is hot

You may be correct that the thermostat is stuck closed. One way to test a thermostat is to put it in a pot of water and bring the water temperature up to the thermostat opening temperature. This is imprinted on...

Q: What is causing my warning lights to come on?

Your battery and charging system will need to be tested to see if the alternator is charging correctly. The alternator is most likely the cause of your Charge Light and Battery Light coming on. You should replace the alternator after...