Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

asked by on November 08, 2016

car over heats but doesnt use water.

There is smoke coming from my car hood what is it - 2004 Ford Focus

Hello. This is a sign of a potentially blown cylinder head gasket. Often times, as a result of the car's engine overheating, the cylinder head gasket is compromised which causes oil to leak into the coolant passages and water to...

oil light on, loud and noisy while idling, what does this mean?

Hi there: Although it's very hard to tell remotely without physically inspecting your Toyota, I don't believe the oil indicator light and the thumping noise are related. It's possible that your front wheel bearings are what is causing the repeated...

Failure to catch or switch gears, belts turning and car has power ect, but won't switch into any gears. Transmission/engine fluids are ok.

Hi there. I have seen this same concern while I was employed at a Toyota dealership. This sounds like the transmission has failed internally; most likely the internal brake band, solenoid, or valve body has failed. The transmission will ultimately...