Q: My car is overheating, what could be the cause?

car over heats but doesnt use water.

Q: overheating problem

Thanks for writing in about your Hummer H2. Let's cover the basics of diagnosing a overheating issue. First, verify the actual temperature at the thermostat housing. Cooling system (and cap) has probably been pressure tested by now. If it tends...

Q: 99 mercury cougar with a 4 cylinder leaking antifreeze from the overflow hose but car is not over heating could it possibly be the

The first thing you should have done is to have the reservoir pressure cap checked to see if it is able to hold pressure specified on the cap. If the cap cannot hold pressure then it will leak out of...

Q: Smoke is coming out of dipstick and where you put the oil in also the oil keep burning up in about four days and its starting to s

Hello. This suggests you have a couple of different problems that may be indirectly related. Smoke coming out of the dipstick to a certain degree is OK, however if this is excessive, this is not good and should be looked...