Q: My radio and dash lights turn off once my vehicle has stopped and the driver door is open. Is this something you can repair?

my radio and dash lights do not turn off once stopped and driver door is open.

Hi there. The wires to the dash and radio may have been shorted with the speaker wires that run to the doors. When the driver door is opened, the wires may short out causing a short to ground eliminating the power to the dashboard lights if there is a short in the dash panel. Check the wires under the dash and make sure that there is no wires hanging, loose, or burned with other wires. This will cause a short to another circuit. Check the wires in the door and see if they are pinch and then touching the cab making a short connection to the cab. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with the dash lights and radio shutting off.

• My radio and dash lights turn off once my vehicle has stopped and the driver door is open. Is this something you can repair?