Q: 2015 Fusion goes to high RPMs when shifting

I've just got a 2015 Ford Fusion. While driving, I've noticed that it goes up the 4000 RPMs when I go from second to third, but it doesn't do it for any other gears. On other gears, it is smooth shifting. Should I be concerned about that?

Well, it’s only a year and a half old so I’d be concerned about it. If you said you’ve just got it and you have a warranty, I would definitely take it back to where you got it and tell them. Because they shouldn’t do that. It’s a sign that the transmission is starting to wear and rebuilding one of those transmissions costs a lot of money. The Fusions have a history of having transmission problems anyways. Take it back to where you bought it and see if there is any kind of warranty. If there isn’t, you may just keep driving it, but it would be in your interest to have your shifting issue diagnosed sooner rather than later.