Q: I have a 1996 toyota tercel running & idling really rough. Trouble codes are: P0301, P0302, P0304, P0401 & P0402. Help please!?

1996 Toyota Tercel running & idling really rough, trouble codes are: P0301, P0302, P0304, P0401 & P0402. Do all these codes together mean smthg specific? I replaced spark plugs & wires, taking care to change wires one at a time so I don't think its firing order but not 100% sure. Did the little test where took out plug one at a time but every time car died so don't think its a faulty coil pack. Can you point me in the right direction? Please help! Thanks in advance. :)

Hi There, Codes P0301, P0302, P0304 relates to misfires in cylinders 1, 2, and 4. Codes P0401 and P0402 relate to the EGR valve not functioning properly. The EGR valve is likely detecting that there is either a condition of too much fuel or too little fuel present in the exhaust gases, either of which may cause the motor to misfire resulting in any of the three codes related to the misfire. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.

3. I have a 1996 toyota tercel running & idling really rough. Trouble codes are: P0301, P0302, P0304, P0401 & P0402. Help please!?