Q: When I turn my car slightly to the left, I hear a humming noise almost like a rubbing noise. The steering wheel doesnt vibrate

asked by on March 05, 2017

The suspension seems fine. The car doesn't feel like it wants to nose dive. It handles well. One mechanic thought it might be the struts but wasn't too sure. It took him over an hour of driving it to come to that conclusion. Today it was only noticed while turning left slightly not all the way and when I would drive it after a bit. I wouldn't hear it as much. No rattling or clunking noise. Just a weird hum/rubbing noise but nothing is rubbing. No vibration from steering wheel either. It only heard from the front left wheel.

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote
Creaking noise when turning the steering wheel Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The noise could be from the wheel bearing rubbing as it may have dry grease inside the bearing. The noise also could be the power steering pump as there is a load applied to the pump more than steering the other direction. Also, check the tires on the vehicle and see if the tread is rubbing on the fender or the frame as if the tires may be too wide for the steering of the vehicle.

If you need further assistance with the vehicle making a rubbing noise when turning to the left, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.