Q: I have a jerking ticking and popping noise when I accelerate what is it

There is jerking popping ticking noise when I accelerate

You may have a couple of issues:

• The ignition system can cause the jerking and popping noise. The system consists of spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.

• The ticking noise sounds like an internal engine issue with the valve train. Its job is to open and close the valves to allow air and fuel into the engine, and exhaust out.

Noises are typically a sign of wear that needs to be inspected.

3. I have a jerking ticking and popping noise when I accelerate what is it