Q: When I push on the gas it backfires and shakes engine. Just started out of nowhere.

Backfiring and running rough

Misfiring on one or more cylinders can cause a rough running or backfiring condition. Misfires can be caused by lack of spark or lack of fuel to any cylinder. Lack of spark can be due to a bad spark plug, ignition coil, or wiring issue. A fuel injector can misfire or not fire at all due to an electrical issue of being clogged. Prolonged driving with a misfire can cause damage to the engine. I recommend having one of our local technicians diagnose the misfire as soon as possible.

• When I push on the gas it backfires and shakes engine. Just started out of nowhere.