Q: When I push on the gas it backfires and shakes engine. Just started out of nowhere.

asked by on October 10, 2016

Backfiring and running rough

Misfiring on one or more cylinders can cause a rough running or backfiring condition. Misfires can be caused by lack of spark or lack of fuel to any cylinder. Lack of spark can be due to a bad spark plug, ignition coil, or wiring issue. A fuel injector can misfire or not fire at all due to an electrical issue of being clogged. Prolonged driving with a misfire can cause damage to the engine. I recommend having one of our local technicians diagnose the misfire as soon as possible.