Q: Stalling. 2005 Ford Mustang.

Hi. Just a quick question. My 2005 v6 automatic mustang stalls after about 20 minutes of driving. During that time it gradually loses power and starts to hesitate on acceleration, especially from idle, until it gets to the point that it behaves as tho its running out of gas, sputtering and such, and then dies. It will restart immediately, but still sputtering and dies again. Weird thing is that if I disconnect the vacuum to the fuel rail pressure sensor and then reconnect it, it starts up and idles fine. Then I can drive again for about another 20 minutes until the symptoms start again. Is this an indication of a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor?

A: Hi there. Thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about your 2005 Ford Mustang. This could potentially be a faulty fuel pressure sensor or possibly also a bad mass air flow sensor causing an imbalance in the air-fuel ratio. You should have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner to check with any codes that can shed light on the problem. If you need help with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the stalling issue and let you know what needs repair.