Q: Fixing catalytic converter low threshold issue

How to fix catalytic converter low threshold issue?

A: I fix that every week on people's cars ...

I fix that every week on people's cars because they have got to get their cars inspected and they get that stupid code "catalytic converter below efficiency threshold."

There are so many things that can do it, but I've had fantastic luck by putting a very good cleaner in the gas tank and then driving it around. There are certain ones out there like Cataclean and different brands.

I have had good luck using lacquer thinner. I go to an automotive paint store and buy a gallon of lacquer thinner and mix it with at least nine gallons of gasoline and drive it around. I just did that with a guy's car that failed in emissions and I said "you drive it." He came back the next day and I plugged my computer and put a test and got it fixed. Pray that will fix it, because if it doesn't, it is very expensive. You don't just want to get out and guess with the new catalytic converter, because if the catalytic converter goes bad, normally, it's because something made it go bad and if you are replacing it with a new one might not fix the problem.

If you are sure the catalytic converter is the problem, you'd better find a mechanic to replace the catalytic converter for you. Otherwise, I would have a comprehensive inspection done on the car to ensure that you are replacing the right part.