Q: Engine noise at 60 mph

My two-year old Spark starts making noise if I drive at the speed around 60 mph. What could be causing the newer engine to be noisy? Would I damage the car in any way if I drive higher than 60 mph? What do you suggest I check?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet 2014 Spark. The noise you are hearing could be an engine noise, such as a pulley going bad; or maybe a suspension noise, such as a grinding wheel bearing. The noise you’re hearing will be best diagnosed in person. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can come to the site of your car to test the vehicle and determine the cause of the sound.

3. Engine noise at 60 mph