Q: Engine noise at 60 mph

My two-year old Spark starts making noise if I drive at the speed around 60 mph. What could be causing the newer engine to be noisy? Would I damage the car in any way if I drive higher than 60 mph? What do you suggest I check?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Che...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet 2014 Spark. The noise you are hearing could be an engine noise, such as a pulley going bad; or maybe a suspension noise, such as a grinding wheel bearing. The noise you’re hearing will be best diagnosed in person. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can come to the site of your car to test the vehicle and determine the cause of the sound.