Q: Coolant leak coming from behind the radiator

I have a coolant leak, i know because after filling up the reservoir tank i run the car and it leaks out, its about 3 to 6 inches behind the radiator towards the back of the car. Literally by the radiator but it wasn't the radiator. I dont have heat in the car and it over heats, any idea as in what needs to be replaced?

The coolant leak can only be pinpointed after an inspection but a leaking hose in that location would not be unusual. Coolant leaks can sometimes be either a cause, or a consequence, of overheating. Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. An important thing to keep in mind is once an engine has overheated, you should replace your engine cooling thermostat because episodes of overheating can easily damage the thermostat. If the thermostat is damaged, but left in place, that can set the stage for future cooling system problems. If you desire that the origin of the coolant leak be identified and repaired, and its relation to the overheating problem be determined, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Coolant leak coming from behind the radiator