Q: Why won't my windshield wipers stop?

At first wipers would not come on. When I messed with the speed control wipers came on. Then they randomly stopped then came back on either slowly or very fast. Now they will not turn off.

Windshield Wiper/Washer System Inspection $103.14 - $127.87 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the wiper motors, or the switch. There will need to be some electrical testing done on the vehicle to properly determine which component is responsible for the glitch. Either way, the malfunctioning part will likely not be serviceable and you will need to replace it. The switch may be telling the motors exactly what to do, but the motors are misusing the signals received. The switch may also be feeding the wrong voltages and power supplies to the motors causing them to malfunction. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.