Q: What does it mean if the Low Tire Pressure light comes on in the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the Low Tire Pressure light comes on in the dash?

Your car’s tire pressure monitoring system is designed to track the pressure in all four tires and alert you if one (or more) of them drops below the safe threshold. If the Low Tire Pressure light in the dash comes on, this is exactly what’s happened. Follow these steps:tags

1. Find somewhere safe to pull over.

2. Check the pressure in each tire with an accurate gauge.

3. If one is low, add air.

4. Inspect the low tire for any signs of punctures, leaks or damage.

5. If you have a leaking tire, have it repaired or replaced immediately (you may need to install the spare tire).

Tip

If the Low Tire Pressure light and the TPMS light come on together and flash, it means a tire is very low on air, or there’s a problem with the system.