Q: What is driver side front versus passenger side front? Isn't an axle replacement the whole axle connecting the two front wheels?

How do I tell the difference or know what side I have? I've bumped my passenger side front pretty hard into a curb while in a full turn, and I've replaced the tire and rim, but still getting uneven outside tire wear. I bumped the right on a curb and now that side is starting to experience uneven wear. After that happened, I noticed wobbling in steering wheel at speeds above 70mph. This all occurred about four months ago. When that happened, my braking was pulsing under foot when constant braking. More noticeable at higher speeds. Now it's really evident and I was wondering if replacing my front end: axle, rotor, pads, tires, would do the job.

Thanks!

Hi there. Wheel location is determined by imagining you are sitting in the driver seat. Your, and most vehicles today, have 2 axles in the front; certain vehicle still have a solid rear axle housing, but retain 2 individual axles as well. It sounds like you may have bent the strut, lower control arm, ball joint, and/or hub when you hit the curb. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a suspension inspection.

3. What is driver side front versus passenger side front? Isn't an axle replacement the whole axle connecting the two front wheels?