Q: Installing front license plate

Hi. I'm trying to install the front license plate for my 2006 Toyota Corolla. The drill holes I put in were too big, so the screws holding the license plate won't stay in (stupid mistake on my part). How would you go about putting it on now? Thanks!

Hi there:

Don’t beat yourself up too hard; we’ve all been there and done the same thing at least once in our lives. If you visit your local auto parts store, they might have screw inserts called License plate fasteners which is essentially a plastic tab that you press through a drilled hole and then screw a bolt through that hole. If you need help finding the right size, most parts store associates can help you find the right one for the hole you drilled.