Q: Brakes hard to push pedal when cold not stoping very good after warm they work better

asked by on October 22, 2016

Brakes working good after warming up but still not as good as they used to be but one cold very hard to push

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s hard brake pedal is a safety concern. It could be, the power brake booster check valve is faulty. It could be, the brake booster itself, is at fault. A hissing sound may be heard, when the brake pedal is applied. It could be, low engine vacuum supplied to the brake booster. I recommend having your vehicle’s hard brake pedal be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.