Q: Keyless synchronization, how much is cost? Change lock from door? 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hi. I have a Pontiac Grand Prix 2006 with a high mileage of about 280000. The prior owner change the door lock so i only have the key to start the car but that key dont open door. It use to open with a keyless remote but it broke and i bought a new one and need to be sinchronize to the vehicle. I wonder if can be done and how much could it be? Thank you

Hello - there will be 2 tasks here. The first is to match the door lock(s) with the ignition switch key tumbler if you wish for one key to do everything as a new car would. This can be done by a YourMechanic professional, who will come to your location and change out one or both key tumblers. The second task is to program the new keys to the cars security system. Newer vehicles use radio frequency embedded keys and transponders in the car for security. All the components are "paired" to each. A Pontiac service center with this specialized GM equipment will need to perform this task.

3. Keyless synchronization, how much is cost? Change lock from door? 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix