Q: Brake pedal stuck to floor - 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle

My brake pedal is giving me some trouble. When I press down on it to put on the brakes it won’t come back up on its own. I have to pull it back up with my hands. It gets stuck down on the floor. It makes driving terribly difficult and dangerous. Do you know how I can fix this?

Hello. There is a return spring on the assembly that must be dislodged or broken somehow, and when this happens there will be issues with the pedal returning. Have the pedal assembly and the hydraulic portion of the system inspected and the fluid flushed. A certified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the brake system firsthand and proceed with the correct repairs.

3. Brake pedal stuck to floor - 1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle