Q: Hi. I have a problem with my 86 regal. My 307 will shake and smoke a little every morning after the car has sat over night.

Ok. My 86 regal has a 307. Every morning after the car has sat off all night in the morning when i first start the car the motor will shake and a little bit of smoke comes out of my tail pipe. Kinda smells like it is flooded with gas. But after a few minutes it clears up and car is fine the rest of the day. No matter how much i shut it off and start it throughout the day. But the next morning it does the same thing. Its done this every morning since ive had the car. Im thinking maybe my carburetor is dripping gas into the intake during the night. Does anyone have any ideas

Hi there. It sounds like the needle and seat in the carburetor is not sealing off correctly and making the fuel drip over when the engine is sitting. Try pumping the throttle 2 times after you shut the engine off and then holding open the throttle for 1 minute. Then the next day, start the engine and see if you smell gas in the exhaust. If you do, then the carburetor needs the needle and seat replaced. If you do not, then the accelerator pump needs replaced in the carburetor. I recommend rebuilding the carburetor for best performance. If you need further assistance with your exhaust smelling like raw gas, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi. I have a problem with my 86 regal. My 307 will shake and smoke a little every morning after the car has sat over night.