Q: Car stalls, burns oil

I've bought this previously owned vehicle and it seems it is burning oil. The oil level is always low and the smoke is coming frorm the exhaust. On one occasion, I tried to start the car up, but there was some hesitation and it eventually stalled. I don't thing the fuel pump is the problem as I can notice it is working correctly. I had the crankshaft position sensor replaced. I also filled the gas tank but ther is no spark still. What should I do?

A: Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chrys...

Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi V6 2.5L. The oil is leaking past the piston rings most likely. You should have all the spark plugs removed and see if they are getting oil fouled. Check the PCV system to see if it is clean and the air filter is clean. If plugs have oil fouling then have a compression test done to see if engine compression is good. The oil control rings are the most common of oil usage for the 2.5l motor. If you need help having this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling/oil issue and let you know what should be done.