Q: 3000 RPM.when car is idling 2014 Hyundai Imax

Just pick up a used Hyundai Imax 2014 last Thursday from the dealership. After 30 mins drive, we found that the tachometer went to 3000 RPM when idling. Tow back to check next day and car dealer mechanic said can't find any problem. Pick up this Monday, and started driving again is afternoon, problem happened again, drove back to the mechanic they said is a weird problem. Does anyone suggest what the problem is? Seems the mechanic couldn't find out what exactly the problem or hidding something? This time I took a video for references.

Thank you

Hi there - this behavior sounds like a throttle position sensor problem. Check first for any problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for free on a "time-available" basis. I recommend a engine idling problem performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. 3000 RPM.when car is idling 2014 Hyundai Imax